So Tony and I went over to my mom and dad's last Sunday after General Conference to have Sunday Dinner and to try our hand at dyeing Easter eggs. Oddly enough, Tony and I have never done that together. Ever. Is that weird? I thought so. So we decided that now was the perfect time to start a new tradition.
You'd think since we'd never done that together, we'd go for the the classic vinegar and PAAS pellets, but my mom had bigger plans for us. She saw these fancy Easter eggs in some magazine and bought the dye/paint they were made with. We then had to concoct these little brushes to use (with the special paint) which ended up looking like little witches brooms. Unfortunately, I don't really have a picture of the brushes, but that's okay because they didn't really last that long anyways. I think we got tired of trying to be patient and artistic. Here's the best attempt we got at doing the eggs the way they looked in the magazine...
Eventually we just went for the ol' cotton balls, cotton swabs, toothpicks, rubber bands, and even just dunking them and calling it good.

My dad even pulled out the old hair dryer to help us layer on the colors faster.
Tony's feelings towards dyeing Easter eggs.
Halfway through the fun, I thought it would be interesting to try to and make an egg look like everyone in my family. Here are are the finished results.
Happy Easter from the Olsen and Hassan clan!
1 comments:
Marni Hassan. We can't just give up like this. We still need to meet up. haha.
Post a Comment