So today was a really boisterously windy day here in good ol' Spanish Fork. I had to go out to run some errands, and the whole time I was driving I was fighting with the wind. Turns out the little blubabe isn't quite as sturdy as one might think surprisingly... Well anyways, as I was driving I kept noticing things that seemed so magical in the wind, even though they are common, everyday occurrences.
For instance, there was a whole line of tumbleweeds just bouncing and rolling down the street in single-file fashion. The sight of that made me smile for some reason. They seemed to be alive and in a hurry to get somewhere, rather than cast to the side of the road or tangled in rusty chain link fences.
And then there was this humongous flock of birds that were flying and diving and chasing each other in the wind. It reminded me a little bit of the scene in Finding Nemo where all those thousands of mirror-fish (?) shift and change, only it was birds. And they weren't shiny; they were black. Not that it matters, but thought I needed to clarify. I love birds. Usually those birds just hang out on the telephone wires along the freeway entrance, but not today. Today would be a fun day to be a bird.
One last thing I couldn't help but notice was the magical way my hair came alive the second I stepped out of the car. Sometimes I felt like it was trying to suffocate me, or blind me, or trap me, but most of the time it was just swirling and twirling and taking on a life of its own. I couldn't help laughing as it went crazy while I talked to my neighbor out front. I love the feel of the wind in my hair, although I never seem to get that glamorous "wind-blown" look. I don't care though.
I love windy days. Hope you enjoy yours.

0 comments:
Post a Comment