Super Saturday

Today was the Spanish Fork 11th Ward's Super Saturday, or mega craft day! I spent the morning making a really cute baby bracelet, as well as the vinyl wall hanging I didn't get a chance to make at the Super Saturday a year ago in our old ward! It was a lot of fun and a great chance to get to know some of the women in the ward. Our first week in the 11th ward Tony and I were put into new callings (or should I say back into the Young Men's and Young Women's organizations). Because of that, we haven't really had a chance to meet many people so today was a great day for me to socialize.
I would post a picture of the baby bracelet I made, but my camera is having problems focusing on something so small. Here's a glimpse of my finished wall hanging though. It is of President Hinckley's "Six Be's". Some of the ladies at Super Saturday informed me that since this vinyl was printed (about a year and half ago), there have been three or four new "Be's" added. Oh well. We'll start working on these six and see where we end up... :)

Also, I had a wonderful day yesterday since my mom and I officially welcomed in the holidays by taking our annual day trip to Salt Lake to hit all of the holiday stores and boutiques. We had a great time up at Tai Pan, Gardner Village (which has THE BEST fabric store Pine Needles), Trolley Square, Modern Display, and the annual Family Christmas Show at the South Towne Expo Center. All I can say is that after I got home last night, I couldn't stop thinking crafts and what my next project would be. I'm thinking more beadwork or quilts...or maybe both. Or maybe wreaths. Yikes. I guess you'll have to wait and see!

1 comments:

Annie said...

That fabric store has some of the cutest fabric! Funny, you do some of the same things with your mom that I do with mine. I will forever remember that the Family Christmas Show at the South Towne Expo Center helped Caleb on his way two years ago. We did all that walking on saturday and he came monday morning.